Entertainment Desk: Who does not like to watch films, film lovers are spread all over the country. Indian films are divided into several categories. Like Bollywood, Tollywood. Southern films, Bengali films etc. under Tollywood and then Hindi films under Bollywood. Each segment of the film industry has a different audience. But there is a craze for Hindi and South industry films in the whole country now.
These films are seen by people of all languages across the country. There are some films in these two industries that have gained immense popularity and have entered the list of highest grossing films. Today I am going to discuss with you the 15 films that have earned the most at the box office and gained huge popularity. Let’s find out which films made it to the top 15 list through this article.
1) KGF Chapter 2: Directed by Prashant Neel, this film grossed more than 1000 crores at the box office. People waited for Chapter 2 for 4 years after its first chapter. People were even booking advance tickets for the film before its release. However, Phil is the fourth highest grossing film in the list.
2) Dangal: The film starring Aamir Khan and Ri is at No. 1 in the list. This film was hugely popular not only in the country but also abroad. The film was shown dubbed in 34 other countries, including China. The total income of this film from the worldwide box office is 2028 crores.
3) Baahubali 2: Baahubali is one of the most popular South films. This film has gained great popularity not only in South but also across the country. The film grossed Rs 1810 crore at the box office.
4) RRR: This film is at number 3 in the highest grossing film list. The film grossed 1120 crores at the box office.
5) Bajrangi Bhaijaan: This film earned Rs 910 crores. It ranks fifth in the list of highest grossing films. This film has Salman Khan in the lead role. The film became a huge hit.
6) Secret Superstar: The Aamir Khan starrer film is ranked sixth in the list. The total cost of this film was Rs.858.
7) PK: This film has Anushka Sarma and Aamir Khan in lead roles. Sushant Singh Rajput is also there but he was shown for few minutes. The film ranked seventh and earned a total of Rs 743 crore.
8) 2.0: The film starring Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar was a huge hit. Besides, Aishwarya Roy played the role of Parse in this film. The film earned Rs 648 at the box office.
9) Sanju: This film starring Ranbir Kapoor is a biography of actor Sanjay Dutt. This film is number 9 in the list. The film grossed Rs 585 crore at the box office.
10) Sultal: This film starring Salkhan and Anushka earned 584 crore rupees at the box office. This film is ranked 10th in the list.
11) Tiger Zinda Hai: Salman and Katrina starrer this film was hugely popular. The film grossed Rs 561 crore at the box office.
12) Padmaavat: The film earned Rs 540 crore and is ranked twelfth in the list. The film stars Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh in lead roles.
13) Dhoom 3: This film starring Aamir Khan was a huge hit. The film grossed 529.97 crores.
14) War: Hrithik’s film is at number 14 on the list. The total income of this film is 451 crores.
Ranveer went crazy when Samantha’s song was played
15) Saho: This film starring Prabhas and Shraddha is at number 15 on the list. The film became a huge hit. The total income of the film at the box office is 432 crores.