With the release of iOS 17, iPhone users are eagerly anticipating the latest features and improvements. However, there’s nothing more frustrating than encountering the “iPhone stuck on iOS 17 update requested” issue. Many users have taken to social media to raise their concerns about facing the update request issue. It’s common for these kinds of issues to occur for newly launched updates, and there is nothing to worry about. In this article, we will explore the reasons behind this problem and show you how to fix iOS 17 update requested. So, let’s get started!
What does “iOS 17 update requested” mean?
Before we dive into the fixes, let’s first understand what the “iOS 17 Update Requested” message means. When you see this message on your iPhone, it indicates that your device is in the queue to download and install the latest iOS 17 update. The “Requested” status means that your iPhone is waiting for its turn to fetch the update from Apple’s servers.
Why does my iPhone show “iOS 17 update requested”?
The “iOS 17 update requested” message typically appears when your iPhone is trying to download and install a new iOS update. It could be because of poor internet connection, low storage space, server congestion, overload of Apple servers, etc.
Common Causes/ Reasons for “iOS 17 update requested” Issue:
It’s important to know the reason as to why this issue is appearing on your device. Once you get to know the problem, it is pretty easy to know the solution for it. Let us have a look at some of the common reasons for “iOS 17 update requested” showing up.
1. Overloaded Apple Servers: During the initial release of a major iOS update, Apple’s servers often become overloaded due to high demand. This can result in delays and the “Requested” status.
2. Network Issues: Poor or unstable internet connections can hinder your iPhone’s ability to request and download the update smoothly.
3. Software Glitches: Sometimes, software glitches or conflicts within the iOS can trigger the “iOS 17 Update Requested” issue.
4. Low Storage Space: iOS updates require a significant amount of storage space. If your iPhone doesn’t have enough free storage, it may struggle to download and install the update.
5. Poor or Unstable Internet Connection: A weak or unreliable internet connection can be the issue for the update process, causing your iPhone to get stuck on “Update Requested.”
How to Fix “iOS 17 Update Requested”?
Now that we know the reason for this occurrence, let us get to the solution part. Try appropriate fixes, and the “iOS 17 update requested” problem will be gone in no time, and your iPhone will be back on track.
1. Check Apple’s Server Status: The first step is to make sure that the problem isn’t on Apple’s end. Visit Apple’s official system status page to check if their servers are experiencing any outages or issues.
2. to a Stable Wi-Fi Network: A stable Wi-Fi connection is important for a smooth update process. Make sure that you’re connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network with a strong signal.
3. Restart Your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can often resolve minor issues, software glitches and refresh your iPhone’s system. Hold down the power button and slide to power off. Then, turn your iPhone back on.
4. Delete Unnecessary Data: If you’re low on storage space, consider deleting unused apps, photos, or videos to free up room for the update. You need to free up around six to seven gigabytes of storage space.
5. Update via iTunes: Connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes installed. Select your device, and click “Check for Update” in iTunes. Follow the on-screen instructions to update your device.
6. Force Quit Settings App: If you’re still encountering the “iPhone says update requested” issue, try force-quitting the Settings app. Swipe up on the Settings app in the Recent Apps menu, wait a moment, and then reopen it to check for progress.
7. Wait Patiently: If none of the above steps work, the best course of action might be to wait. Apple’s servers can become less congested over time, allowing your device to update smoothly.
Sometimes, the “Update Requested” message appears when Apple’s servers are overwhelmed with requests. In such cases, the best course of action may be to wait a while and try the update again later when server traffic has subsided.
In conclusion, encountering the “iPhone stuck on update requested” issue can be frustrating, but it’s usually solvable with the right steps. By following these solutions, you can increase your chances of successfully updating your iPhone to iOS 17 and enjoying all the new features it has to offer.