iOS 17 brings a host of new features and enhancements, including the innovative NameDrop feature. In this article, we delve into the details of NameDrop in iOS 17, exploring its functionality and benefits. Let’s explore this convenient contact sharing feature introduced by Apple.
What is NameDrop in iOS 17?
NameDrop is a notable addition to the AirDrop feature in iOS 17. It simplifies the process of exchanging contact information with other iOS users. With AirDrop, selecting a specific contact from a list can be confusing due to the increasing number of AirDrop-enabled devices. NameDrop aims to eliminate this confusion by allowing users to exchange contact information effortlessly. By bringing two iPhones close together, contact information can be swiftly exchanged without manual input or searching through a list of nearby devices.
Personalized Contact Posters:
One standout aspect of NameDrop is the introduction of personalized contact posters. These posters enable users to create an image that incorporates their face or Memoji, along with their name displayed in attractive fonts and colors. These personalized posters become a part of the user’s contact card and are displayed on the recipient’s iPhone whenever they receive a call from the user. This feature adds a touch of personalization and enhances the visual appeal of contact information.
Compatibility and Usage:
NameDrop is exclusively compatible with iOS devices. Unfortunately, using NameDrop to exchange contacts with Android devices is not possible at this time.
Using NameDrop to Exchange Contacts on iPhone:
1. On both iOS devices, open the Control Center by swiping down from the top right corner of the screen.
2. Tap and hold on the network block until it expands.
3. Click on the AirDrop icon.
4. Choose the “Everyone” option for 10 minutes.
5. Bring your iOS devices close to each other.
6. An animation will appear on both screens upon contact.
7. If you have created a personalized contact poster, it will be displayed.
8. To share your contact details, click on the “Share” option. The recipient can choose “Receive Only” to obtain your information or “Share” if they wish to share their contact details as well.
9. If you only want to receive contact details without sharing yours, tap the “Receive Only” button.
10. Once the information is shared, tap “Done” to save the received contact.
11. You will have the option to edit the received contact if necessary.
Release of NameDrop:
NameDrop will be introduced with the release of iOS 17, expected to roll out to the public later this year. Typically, new iOS versions coincide with the launch of the latest iPhone models, so we anticipate that iOS 17, including NameDrop, will become available alongside the iPhone 15 in the autumn.
With the NameDrop feature in iOS 17, Apple offers a convenient and personalized solution for exchanging contact information among iOS users. By simplifying the process and adding visual appeal, NameDrop enhances the overall experience of contact sharing. Keep an eye out for the release of iOS 17 to explore the NameDrop feature on your iPhone.